The Gippsland Art Gallery is always interested in discussing possible exhibitions, and welcomes any proposals or ideas.
If you would like to be considered for an exhibition at the Gallery, please send a proposal, together with 5-10 images that represent your work, to email@example.com.
The proposal should include the following:
- Proposed title of exhibition.
- Proposed participants of exhibition.
- Proposed content of the exhibition, including either images and details of actual works to be exhibited, or images and details of similar works.
- A short 200-300 word synopsis of the purpose and themes of the exhibition.
- Short biographical information about each participant and, if relevant, the curator or organiser.
- Preferred exhibition space.
- Preferred exhibition dates.
- Any costs to the Gallery of staging the exhibition (such as artist fees, loan fees, transport costs, catalogues and publicity).
The Gallery’s programming team meet in March and September each year to review new proposals. Please note that gallery spaces are not available for hire.
Exhibition programming is guided by selection criteria set out in the Gallery’s Exhibition Program Plan, and summarised here:
- Merit of the proposal as a whole and of individual artworks.
- How the proposal is aligned with the Gallery’s overarching vision and mission.
- Potential benefits to the community.
- Potential education outcomes and opportunities forpublic engagement.
- Potential to attract and provide interest to visitors.
- Potential outcomes to the applicant/s (ie.Opportunities for skills development, how it contributes to a sustained artistic practice).
- Potential to help achieve the overall balance of exhibitions.
In addition, preference will be given to exhibition proposals:
- That engage with the themes of the land and the natural environment, especially as it relates to South eastern Australia
- Where the artist/s is willing and able to attend artist talks, and/or engage with community-focussed events such as teacher previews and children’s workshops.